Monday, October 4, 2010

Introduction-October

This blog is focused primarily on the economies of Quintana Roo and Belize. In case you are not familiar with Mexico, Quintana Roo is a state in the Yucatan Peninsula. Cancun, Cozumel, Tulum and other well-known tourist destinations are located in Quintana Roo. Despite the emphasis on the economies of Q Roo and Belize, I will occasionally write about other subjects.

I am an economist at the Universidad de Quintana Roo in Chetumal, Q Roo. If you wish to know more about my background, work, or interests you may check my webpage http://www.dcsea.uqroo.mx/fwalla/
Although I speak Spanish, the blog entries will usually be in English simply because I make fewer grammatical mistakes writing in my native language.

As far as blog rules go, I ask only that you be civil with your comments. 

In this, my first blog entry, I depart from the Quintana Roo and Belize focus to predict that Dale Jorgenson will win the Nobel Prize in Economics, to be awarded on October 11, 2010. The prize is overdue for Professor Jorgenson.

Welcome to my blog-Bienvenidos a mi blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment